The Mandan Horse and Saddle Club is a family and youth
oriented organization that promotes the development of
horsemanship skills through participation and
competition in riding activities for all ages.
Mandan Horse and Saddle Club activities are the perfect
place to practice what you have learned in 4-H and can
serve as a conduit to high school rodeo and advanced
levels of competition.
Activities are also great for adult riders who may be past
achieving their National Finals Rodeo dreams, but who
still enjoy the thrill of competition! Regardless of your
level of intensity, you're sure to enjoy the networking
with others involved in the region's horse industry.-
Mandan Horse and Saddle Club
June 7 - Family Rodeo
July 12 - Family Rodeo
Aug. 9 - Wild West Family Rodeo
Aug. 22-23 - High School
Join our club in 2015
WE APPRECIATE OUR
2014 sponsors & opportunities
2014 YEAR-TO-DATE STANDINGS
Enter 'MHSC" in the Association field. Each member has
access to log on to the ‘Member Site' by using their member
number, as both login and password.
WELCOME TO THE MANDAN HORSE & SADDLE CLUB
MANDAN SADDLE CLUB HONORS 2014 SEASON
CHAMPS, ELECTS 2015 LEADERS
The Mandan Horse and Saddle Club honored member
contestants for 2014 season achievements at a
celebration held Jan. 24 at the Baymont Inn, Mandan.
Awards are based on points earned at four rodeos
held between June and September. Champions are as
Senior Division (age 15 and older)
All-Around – Matteah Dworshak, Dickinson
• Reserve All-Around – Allisha Dworshak,
• Barrel Racing – Stacia Hopfauf, Mandan
• Breakaway Roping – Kennedi Kautzman, Mandan
• Tie-Down Roping – Hunter Schlosser, Mandan
• Team Roping –Curt Berreth and Cody Fleck, both
• Pole Bending – Allisha Dworshak, Dickinson
• Goat Tying – Stacia Hopfauf, Mandan
• Keyhole Race – (tie) Allisha Dworshak, Dickinson
and Brittany Schauer, Mandan
Junior Division (ages 10 to 14)
• All-Around – Caydon Roshau, Bismarck
• Reserve All-Around – Lauren Topp, Grace City
• Steer Riding – Tanner Berger, Mandan
• Barrel Racing – Annie Praus, Dickinson
• Breakaway Roping – Tanner Kress, Bismarck
• Tie-Down Roping – Craig Peterson, Devils Lake
• Pole Bending – Kelly Knoll, Mandan
• Goat Tying – Lauren Topp, Grace City
• Keyhole Race – Brookyn Vollmer, Wing
Beginner Division (ages 9 and under)
• All-Around – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Reserve All-Around – Wyatt Schwab, Linton
• Calf Riding – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Barrel Racing – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Dummy Roping – Cole Gerhardt, Bismarck
• Pole Bending – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Goat Tail Tying – Wyatt Schwab, Linton
• Keyhole Race – Gracie Schumacher, Linton
• Chute Dogging – Hunter Schlosser,
• Pro-Am Team Roping – Cody Fleck and Rebekah
Nottestad, both of Mandan.
Jackets presented to event champions were
sponsored in part by Farm Credit Services.
Wyatt Schwab, Linton, was honored with the Buddy
Kahl Memorial Traveling "Beginner Persistent Rider"
Trophy. The trophy is presented to the contestant in
the age 9 and under division who earns the most
points during the season, yet who did not win an all-
around award at a rodeo.
Dalton Fleck, Mandan, received the Becky Fisher
Memorial Traveling Trophy as the contestant who
earned the most points in timed and game events.
Members chose John Schaffner, Bismarck, for the
second consecutive year to receive the club's
traveling Sportsmanship Award for his volunteerism in
2014 that included serving as the club’s arena
director, helping to prepare and maintain the ground
for family, high school and junior high rodeos as well
as to run the rodeos.
Club members also elected directors for the 2015
season as follows: Past President, Sara Vollmer, Wing;
President, Nita Tokach, St. Anthony; Vice President,
Cody Fleck, Mandan; Arena Co-Directors, John
Schaffner and David Volk, both of Bismarck; Treasurer,
Robin Kress, Bismarck; Secretary, Jessica Balvitsch,
Mandan; Directors-At-Large, Karen Berger, Dave
Nottestad, and Brittany Schauer, all Mandan; and Billie
Schumacher, Linton; and Youth Directors, Tyler Kress,
Bismarck; and Rebekah Nottestad, Mandan.
Dates for 2015 rodeos will soon be scheduled. Stay
tuned for dates www.mandanhorseandsaddle.com.
BEGINNER 2014 YEAR-END WINNERS:
Reserve All-Around Wyatt Schwab and
All-Around Dalton Fleck.
JUNIOR 2014 YEAR-END WINNERS:
Reserve All-Around Lauren Topp and
All-Around Caydon Roshau.
JUNIOR 2014 YEAR-END EVENT WINNERS:
Tanner Berger, steer riding; Tanner Kress,
breakaway roping; Craig Peterson, tie-down
roping; Lauren Topp, goat tying; and
Brooklyn Vollmer, keyhole race.
SENIOR 2014 YEAR-END EVENT
WINNERS: Curt Berreth & Cody Fleck, team
roping; Kennedi Kautzman, breakaway
roping; Stacia Hopfauf, barrel racing; Hunter
Schlosser, tie-down roping; and Brittany
Schauer, keyhole race.
BECKY FISHER MEMORIAL TRAVELING
TROPHY WINNER: Dalton Fleck
BUDDY KAHL PERSISTENCE AWARD
MEMORIAL TRAVELING TROPHY: Wyatt
Beginner participation award recipients
High school rodeo jacket recipients