The Mandan Horse and Saddle Club is a family and youth
oriented organization that promotes the development of
horsemanship skills through participation and
competition in riding activities for all ages.
Mandan Horse and Saddle Club activities are the perfect
place to practice what you have learned in 4-H and can
serve as a conduit to high school rodeo and advanced
levels of competition.
Activities are also great for adult riders who may be past
achieving their National Finals Rodeo dreams, but who
still enjoy the thrill of competition! Regardless of your
level of intensity, you're sure to enjoy the networking
with others involved in the region's horse industry.-
Mandan Horse and Saddle Club
WELCOME TO THE MANDAN HORSE & SADDLE CLUB
MANDAN SADDLE CLUB HONORS 2014 SEASON CHAMPS,
ELECTS 2015 LEADERS
The Mandan Horse and Saddle Club honored member
contestants for 2014 season achievements at a celebration
held Jan. 24 at the Baymont Inn, Mandan. Awards are based
on points earned at four rodeos held between June and
September. Champions are as follows:
Senior Division (age 15 and older)
All-Around – Matteah Dworshak, Dickinson
• Reserve All-Around – Allisha Dworshak, Dickinson
• Barrel Racing – Stacia Hopfauf, Mandan
• Breakaway Roping – Kennedi Kautzman, Mandan
• Tie-Down Roping – Hunter Schlosser, Mandan
• Team Roping –Curt Berreth and Cody Fleck, both of
• Pole Bending – Allisha Dworshak, Dickinson
• Goat Tying – Stacia Hopfauf, Mandan
• Keyhole Race – (tie) Allisha Dworshak, Dickinson and
Brittany Schauer, Mandan
Junior Division (ages 10 to 14)
• All-Around – Caydon Roshau, Bismarck
• Reserve All-Around – Lauren Topp, Grace City
• Steer Riding – Tanner Berger, Mandan
• Barrel Racing – Annie Praus, Dickinson
• Breakaway Roping – Tanner Kress, Bismarck
• Tie-Down Roping – Craig Peterson, Devils Lake
• Pole Bending – Kelly Knoll, Mandan
• Goat Tying – Lauren Topp, Grace City
• Keyhole Race – Brookyn Vollmer, Wing
Beginner Division (ages 9 and under)
• All-Around – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Reserve All-Around – Wyatt Schwab, Linton
• Calf Riding – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Barrel Racing – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Dummy Roping – Cole Gerhardt, Bismarck
• Pole Bending – Dalton Fleck, Mandan
• Goat Tail Tying – Wyatt Schwab, Linton
• Keyhole Race – Gracie Schumacher, Linton
• Chute Dogging – Hunter Schlosser,
• Pro-Am Team Roping – Cody Fleck and Rebekah
Nottestad, both of Mandan.
Jackets presented to event champions were sponsored in
part by Farm Credit Services.
Wyatt Schwab, Linton, was honored with the Buddy Kahl
Memorial Traveling "Beginner Persistent Rider" Trophy. The
trophy is presented to the contestant in the age 9 and under
division who earns the most points during the season, yet
who did not win an all-around award at a rodeo.
Dalton Fleck, Mandan, received the Becky Fisher Memorial
Traveling Trophy as the contestant who earned the most
points in timed and game events.
Members chose John Schaffner, Bismarck, for the second
consecutive year to receive the club's traveling
Sportsmanship Award for his volunteerism in 2014 that
included serving as the club’s arena director, helping to
prepare and maintain the ground for family, high school and
junior high rodeos as well as to run the rodeos.
Club members also elected directors for the 2015 season as
follows: Past President, Sara Vollmer, Wing; President, Nita
Tokach, St. Anthony; Vice President, Cody Fleck, Mandan;
Arena Co-Directors, John Schaffner and David Volk, both of
Bismarck; Treasurer, Robin Kress, Bismarck; Secretary,
Jessica Balvitsch, Mandan; Directors-At-Large, Karen
Berger, Dave Nottestad, and Brittany Schauer, all Mandan;
and Billie Schumacher, Linton; and Youth Directors, Tyler
Kress, Bismarck; and Rebekah Nottestad, Mandan.
Dates for 2015 rodeos will soon be scheduled. Stay tuned
for dates www.mandanhorseandsaddle.com.
BEGINNER 2015 June Rodeo: 5th (Tie): Ella
Begger, Coco Fleck & Karie Bauer. 4th
Colten Berreth, 3rd (Tie) Gracie Schumacher
& Kiera Kay Mavity (not pictured), reserve
Carlee Roshau, all-around champion Myah
JUNIOR 2015 June Rodeo: 5th Mariah
Topp; 4th Cole Gerhardt (not pictured); 3rd
Trey Lunneborg; reserve Caydon Roshau;
and all-around champion Kimberly Bauer.
Senior 2015 June Rodeo: All-around
Lauren Topp; reserve Brooklyn Vollmer;
3rd Craig Peterson (not pictured); 4th
Bailey Berg (not pictured); and 5th Matteah
Dworshak (not pictured).
SENIOR 2014 YEAR-END EVENT
WINNERS: Curt Berreth & Cody Fleck, team
roping; Kennedi Kautzman, breakaway
roping; Stacia Hopfauf, barrel racing; Hunter
Schlosser, tie-down roping; and Brittany
Schauer, keyhole race.
BECKY FISHER MEMORIAL TRAVELING
TROPHY WINNER: Dalton Fleck
BUDDY KAHL PERSISTENCE AWARD
MEMORIAL TRAVELING TROPHY: Wyatt
Beginner participation award recipients
High school rodeo jacket recipients
The first Mandan Horse and Saddle Club family rodeo
was held on Sunday June 7th. There were over 110
contestants and over 404 entries for this rodeo. The
top five all-around winners were recognized for each
age division. Congratulations to all contestants for
taking the time to attend our family rodeo.
We are always looking for more volunteers to assist
with our family rodeos. There were many new families
that stepped in and helped out. Thank you to all the
individuals and families that volunteered to help
make our rodeo a success. The more volunteers we
have, the more smoothly the rodeos will run!
Congratulations to Prairie Topp, she was the
volunteer that was drawn to win a prize for donating
her time at the June 7th rodeo.